June 18, 2019
If you notice any yellowing or spotting on your paintwork, the underlying damage may be larger than you think. Jump on to it quickly and don't risk your family's health.
When your waterproofing isn't done properly, you can be up for some serious health problems and costly repair work.
Our client noticed some moisture damage on their ceiling. What we exposed was major moisture damage to the timber floor joist from the upstairs shower having inadequate waterproofing. This caused a serious mould problem as well as timber degradation from the moisture.
After the shower leak was fixed, we applied a strong mould treatment. Also, additional support was required adjacent to the floor joist because of timber degradation. To finish the job off properly, we repaired the plaster and applied a new lick of paint.
A lot of effort for something that should never have been required if the job had been done right the first time when the shower was installed.
While a bit of mould might not seem like that big a problem, prolonged exposure to indoor dampness which causes mould can reduce lung function or inflame airways. This can cause nasal congestion, wheezing, chest tightness, coughing and throat irritation. It can also cause chronic health problems, such as asthma.
If you have any concerns, you can contact us or call 1800 181 000 for more information.